Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Monthly Update - April 2014

 Time for our Monthly Update:


Here is our Net Worth Standing for April 1, 2014:

Assets: $641,676.80 - Liabilities: $147,002.16 = Networth: $494,674.64

Net Change = increase of $23,586.13



Thrilled to see an increase in our Net worth, especially since March was an expensive month.  Between both Baby Breeze and I being very very sick, and therefore not cooking the healthy meals we had planned, we ended up buying more food than planned and threw away a lot of food. Mr. Breeze ended up eating out a lot at work as there were no healthy lunch options for him.   Other than food, we really kept our spending to a minimum.  (Of course, being sick and not shopping probably helped that).

The big increase in our Net Worth has to do with the fact that I became vested in a third of the match the I receive for my retirement fund.  I haven't included this in my net worth until now since I wasn't really eligible to take advantage of those funds.  Now that I have 5 years in my current retirement plan, I am eligible to take 33% of the matched funds if I were to leave.  If I make it to 10 years then I get 66% vested match.

We also filed our taxes, and while we owe locally, we are getting a rather large return from our Federal taxes.  Our adoption of our little guy is a huge benefit to our lives and our taxes! ;)

This will allow us to pay more on our debt as we agreed that any return we would put towards debt, so you will probably see that next month when we get our return.

Here's to paying down debt and working towards that early retirement goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment