Assets: $644,213.14 - Liabilities: $91,076.93 = Net worth: $553,136.21
The markets came back this month, after last months dip so we saw our Net worth continue to climb. We also decided to put $1000 extra each month towards our mortgage, which is our last bit of debt. Financially it doesn't make sense to pay down a mortgage if you can make more investing, due to the low mortgage rates of today; however, after feeling the freedom of paying off all our other debt we are energize to live debt free for a while.
We signed up for Credit Karma.com as a free credit monitoring device. I found some things that I thought were discrepancies, so when I called on them (specifically credit cards that says they are still open) I was told that no the cards are closed and that is what was reported to the Credit Agencies. I pulled our reports and they are correct, so I am not sure where Credit Karma is getting it information from or how it calculates its FICO score - as it is about 70 points off on my score. Just thought I share this with those of you who may have used their free service, or if you are getting out of debt be careful of information that is not directly from one of the three Credit Agencies.
No comments:
Post a Comment