Monday, January 5, 2015

January 2015 Update

Net Worth Standing for January 1, 2015:


Assets: $1,021,238.46 - Liabilities: $85,565.18 = Net worth: $935,673.28


Net Change = decrease of $203.21




Welcome to a new year.  We are starting off with just a slight decrease for the start of the year, as every January 1st, I recalculate the value of our non-liquid assets (like our cars, house and boat). However, the change was pretty insignificant with the regards to how the markets did at the end of the year.

We start 2015 living on just one income, and still continue to save as much money as possible.  Mr. Breeze is starting to finally get the idea that he is "retired", but it doesn't come easily to him.  He knows I am looking forward to joining him in the next year or two.

Looking at our 2014 overall spending, it wasn't too far from what I had expected. Our mortgage was our largest expense (with the exception of paying off the Chapter 13 debt).  After that was Baby Breeze's daycare, and then Wal-mart.  Our neighborhood Grocery store and Gas station round out the top 5.  Seriously I think I need to avoid Wal-mart more this year, as we spent $7,000 there last year . . . and while a lot of that was groceries and diapers, I know I tend to buy more than what we need when I go there.  So the plan this year is to spend more at the grocery store and see if that lowers our overall spending.

So we have posted our goals for 2015, and we are off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment